If you haven't heard of Ginny Owens before, you will! She is a phenomenal musician with quite a story:
"Born and raised in Jackson, Miss., Owens was discovering melodies on the piano almost before she could complete a sentence. Songs began to emerge from her fingers as the vision began to leave her eyes and by the age of three. A degenerative eye condition left Owens completely blind. Despite her physical challenge, Owens pursued a music career. Songs provide a window into a world Owens can’t see and an outlet for her to express her thoughts and dreams."
What makes Ginny even COOLER is that in 2005 she launched her own non-profit organization called The Fingerprint Initiative which aims:
- To aid in the creation and development of humanitarian programs that would benefit the needs of individuals and communities as Christ would do;
- To work alongside of and provide support for other nonprofit organizations engaged in such programs;
- To partner with concertgoers and fans in providing financial and physical aid to specific non-profit organizations, communities, or individuals whose needs directly relate to Fingerprint's annual focus and theme
I'm excited to announced that one lucky reader will win their very own copy of Ginny's new album! Please comment as directed below for your change to win. Contest ends at 11:59 pm, CST, on Saturday, October 1st. Good Luck!
"Like"Ginny Owens on Facebook
(1) Visit Ginny's Webpage and tell me something you learned
(2) Visit The Fingerprint Initiative and tell me something you learned
(3) Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect
(4) "Like" My Facebook Page (widget on right side)
(5) Follow me on Twitter
(6) Follow me through Networked Blogs (widget on right side)
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services
mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I
only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255:
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.