Robert Pierre is an 18 year old contemporary Christian music artist from Orlando, Florida. He has been creating Praise and Worship albums since he was only 14 years old! "I'm All In" is his third album. Released July 26 of this year, Pierre co-wrote nearly all of the songs on this album. In MY mind, this is a great sign of an incredible musician. It's easy enough to perform what people give you, it's another zone of talent to be able to write as well. Especially at such a young age, I'm thoroughly impressed. What is even more exciting about this album is that in addition to Pierre, other writers include executive-producer Jason Ingram (Tenth Avenue North, Sanctus Real, Bebo Norman) and producer Matt Bronleewe (Jars of Clay, Plumb, Chris Tomlin). With that type of track record, how could this album not be a hit?
1. I'm All In: Title track of the album, I'm All In is full of energy. It makes you want to jump up and down in praise. It would be a great song to exercise to, bring into a dance club, or do aerobics to.
2. Who R U: This song is catch and upbeat but has a deeper message. It is about dedication to God, even when it becomes tough. This song would be very appealing to tweens or teeny-boppers, which is to say it's very appropriate for the younger audience.
3. Light the Way: I LOVE this song! It is motivational and is something to listen to when going through challenging times and emotions. Its message really describes so many of our situations that we go through--it's timeless and universal.
4. Maker of the Stars: Imagine you're at a dance club and the DJ is mixing something hot--you're body starts pulsing to the beat. You're hands raise and your head sways. THAT is the beginning of this song. It does mellow out a bit and turns into quite a Praise and Worship song. I could easily see this being done in church and really moving crowds into a deep moment with God. Despite it's musicality, it's a personal testimony to Pierre's powerful love for our Father, God.
5. Be Lifted Up: A wonderful ode to the awesome Jesus the Christ it makes you want to raise your hands and bask in his reverence: "Our only hope is You"
6. Stranger in this Land: I adore the message of this song:
"This world will try to shut me down / Push and shove me to the ground but I / I been covered by the blood of Christ / I am His and He is mine"
It made me wonder what Pierre had gone through in order for him to write this song. Nonetheless, I think people can relate--I know I certainly could. Even though it has a powerful message, it is still upbeat in that you can dance to it :)
7. Silent Cry: This song is a call for more peace and love in this world. It has great guitar riffs which definitely showcase Pierre's talent on the strings.
8. Sing for Joy: With lyrics such as "In the middle of it all / I will sing for joy / The joy of the Lord" , Sing for Joy claims and celebrates the support, peace, and satisfaction we have when we put our life in Jesus' hands. The song confirms that even when we're feeling down or discouraged, we can endure because of who we are in God.
9. Greater is He: The message in this song is similar--we are not alone, we can let go and let God! Pierre sings: " Nothing I face / Is greater than He " Enough said! Clear, true, and straight to the point.
10. Dead to Sin: An energetic, upbeat tune describing how Christians are different--we have a freedom in God that not everyone in this world has. I am very thankful for this song because it helped me to understand the Christian meaning of freedom. Here's what I mean:
"Now I know / I don’t need to be a certain way / Cause God is love / And he’s given me new life...I’m done conforming to sin". I don't have to dress or act the way the TV tells me too. I don't have to follow all of the trends and fall to pressure to be glamorous, promiscuous, rich, etc. I am who I am in Christ and being Godly according to the Bible is what matters. THAT is my freedom.
11. Trust in You: I think this is my favorite song on the whole album. It really touched me when I was going through some tough times. I was down and sad and it helped me to realize that God has NEVER failed me and never will. It helped me let go of my burdens and place them in the hands of Jesus. It helped me to let go emotionally and become closer to God. Musically, it is mellow but obviously powerful. "I will trust in you / You have never failed me...Show me where you’re leading and I will go / Give me faith to travel the narrow road / I don’t need the answers as long as I know / You are in control" AMEN!
You can purchase your own copy of this album or download any or all of his mp3s through iTunes. In addition, one lucky reader will win their very own copy of I'm All In! To enter:
-Visit Robert Pierre's website and tell me something you learned-
(One entry each-Please leave a separate comment for each entry)
-Tell me why you'd like to win this CD-
-Like Robert Pierre on Facebook-
-Follow Robert Pierre on Twitter-
-Be my Google Friend-
Giveaway will end August 30th at 11:59 pm CST. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving a complimentary album for review. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own. If I am not able to contact the winner, another one will be chosen. If the contact winner does not respond within 72 hours, another one will be chosen.